DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   epdm and drip edge (

devilleather 11-08-2009 05:53 PM

epdm and drip edge
Hello all , I have recently built a bedroom addition onto my house. I used epdm rubber roofing and i want to use drip edge instead of termination bars. So my question is how can i fasten the drip edge to the rubber without screwing it down or puncturing the top? I dont want to have to worry about leaks coming from the screws. Is there a glue that i can use for this ? Thx for any help.

cellophane 11-08-2009 06:07 PM

check with the EPDM manufacturer. they should have a recommended adhesive and sealant.

devilleather 11-08-2009 06:18 PM

Well i still have plenty of the glue i used for the rubber but am unsure if it will bond metal to rubber. thx for your reply :)

tinner666 11-08-2009 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forget DE. You need commercial .032 metal. Must be primed, then self adhered cover tape (RM) goes on next.

devilleather 11-08-2009 08:41 PM

First off, thx for your helpful reply. A few questions
1.Can I get this metal and tape at my local lumber store or home depot or is it special order?
2.Does it have a 90 angle that goes down the facia board so i can slide the guttering underneath?

Again thx for your help

tinner666 11-08-2009 09:44 PM

Yes, you can buy the metal bent that way. Roofing supply house have it.
I don't know where to get the RM, primer, or the cleaner needed, other than a roofing supply house. Never looked into HD, Lowes, Hardware, or elsewhere. Sorry.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1