DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Dirty Roof

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  johnk 
#1 ·
We have a branch that has been hanging over our roof for some years now. Rather close to the roof and almost touching it. I have finally convinced the city to come remove the limb this week (it's on the city tree belt). But over the years it has made to roof look terrible. Some spots are discolored and black. Dark around the area of where tree limb covered it. See the photo below of the roof...

My question is this.. Is there anything I can buy to clean this up and restore the look of the roof, like some sort of cleaning agent. OR am I stuck with having to replace the shingles to get my roof looking clean again?

See less See more
#3 ·
1/3 gallon bleach,1 gallon parts water,1/4 cup trisodium phospate.Spray on see what happens,usually works rather well.Water down plants that will be affected by run-off.After run a nice bead of powdered Tide laundry soap down ridge and let rain do the rest,or if it's not going to rain for a while sprinkle it down a bit with a hose.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.