DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Defective Atlas Shingles? 1 year old roof

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AaronB 
#1 ·
Our house sold, buyer to close mid-May. The home inspector determined our roof to be in terrible shape and in need of full replacement. The roof is only one year old, had it replaced in Fall of 08, Atlas shingles. Our roof company came out, Atlas sales guy took a sample, sent it for their own analysis so THEY can determine whether it is in fact defective. I feel like we're fighting a losing battle, and running out of time. The successful sale of our house and purchase of new house is all riding on this, and I'm afraid they aren't going to honor their contract based on things I've read. I don't know that we could possibly afford to replace it ourselves and go forward, we're totally broke from the thousands of dollars we already have to come up with for this sale/purchase of new home.
Has anyone been through this with them, or heard of this with someone else?? Do we have a shot in heck of things being okay?? Help!

#4 ·
They should have a 30 year material warranty with the purchase of the shingles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.