Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #1

Share |

Couple of (quick) questions

All,

Two questions - the two pictures attached show my current gutter installation and the flue for my furnace.

1) If I'm installing drip edge when I replace my roof, what do I do about possible interference with the gutter ferrules? Do I just notch the drip edge, or something else?

2) Time to replace the flue, or will a coat of paint do? If it should really be replaced, does anyone know of any good online resources which I could consult for instructions on what to purchase and how to build it up?

Cheers
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Couple of (quick) questions-furnace.jpg   Couple of (quick) questions-gutterferrules.jpg  
spiragui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Shut in w/o Home

Couple of (quick) questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiragui View Post
All,

Two questions - the two pictures attached show my current gutter installation and the flue for my furnace.

1) If I'm installing drip edge when I replace my roof, what do I do about possible interference with the gutter ferrules? Do I just notch the drip edge, or something else?

2) Time to replace the flue, or will a coat of paint do? If it should really be replaced, does anyone know of any good online resources which I could consult for instructions on what to purchase and how to build it up?

Cheers
Chris
Drip edge: Notching is about the only option.

Flue: The rust appears to be superficial, but make sure the metal is not rusted through. Treat the rust, prime and paint. See if you can discern the brand and model of the pipe for future replacement. "B" vent is proprietary. One brand won't mate with another, so you need the same exact part number unless you replace then entire vent. Once you have that info, you can search online for it. The components are available online, but a sellers don't sell all brands.
seeyou is offline   Reply With Quote