DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Roofing/Siding (
-   -   Corrugated plastic fixtures (

tonydee 09-20-2006 07:33 AM

Corrugated plastic fixtures
Hi, I've just built the frame for a lean-to and cut the plastic corrugated sheets to size. My question relates to fitting these sheets to my timber frame.

Is there any specific fixture I need to use ?

I've noted I need to enter at the peaks of the plastic but just wondered on the fixtures.

Any help appreciated

mdshunk 09-20-2006 04:31 PM

You need to use the hex washer head screws with the pre-installed rubber washers under the heads. I think you might be in the UK or AUS, but in the US we call these "metal roof screws" or "barn tin screws".

AaronB 09-20-2006 07:00 PM

Yep, neoprene washered screws is the way to go.

Double A 09-21-2006 12:56 AM

Tony, there is a type of lathing sold in the USA that will match the undulations of the sheeting. You can use that to install, although it is a very rough and inexpensive wood with zero aesthetic appeal.

Otherwise you can fasten it with the screws mentioned, but don't drive the screws down tightly. Just snug them up to compress the washer a bit.

Take a look here for an example.

vmediate 07-16-2008 10:36 PM

To add the responses you've received, I purchased 2'x1" sections of wood that are cut to match the corregation of my plastic. They are then nailed/screwed to the frame, and the plastic is screwed to these boards.

Now, I have a question for you. I was wondering how you cut and what you used to cut your corregated plastic. I've got 12' sheets I need to cut down to 5'.

Thanks for any help you can give. v

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1