Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1

Share |

Convert To Ridge Vent?

Here is the deal, my house has 4 gable vents, 3 of which are on a portion of the house from the 40's with no soffit vents. The other is on an addition from the 90s.

So my venting goes 700sq ft has (3) gable end vents and 6 of what I call the "pot vents" just those stndard vents. Then I have a 300sq ft section that has soffit venting, (1) gable vent and (4) of those "pot vents".

My thought is to lose the gable vent and the pot vents on the 300sq ft addition, and just install a ridge vent, and then on the 700 sq ft place, since I have ZERO soffit vent keep the gable vents, lose the "pot vents" and and then get a ridge vent.

What do you guys think of this?? My plan was to get a new roof this year, but I am doing some temp work to last me through the winter so I can save a little more money and get a better quality roof.

I live in a small house in an ok area so I am not looking to go crazy but I want it to be nice, hoping it will improve resale value.

cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote