Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
Whatamess

Share |
Question

Connecting two roofs

Hi All,
I am trying to help a friend with a problem of joining two roofs. There is new construction that has a hip roof to join an existing oval roof. The oval is approx. 10 feet in diameter and 20 feet long. The problem is how to connect the two and carry the rain away. There is an existing 4" gutter on the dome but I don't think that will handle the added surface area. The new roof will have tile installed.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Grumpy Send a message via MSN to Grumpy Send a message via Yahoo to Grumpy

Connecting two roofs

You're probably not going to be able to do this yoruself unless you have extensive metal working experience. My only advice is to call an experienced metalworker who does custom guttering and or metal roofing systems.

The way I'd approach it is to have the carpenters frame a cricket or saddle to direct the water flow then I'd line that saddle with all grace premium ice shield then install a flat locked soldered seam roofing system in galvanized or if the bidget allows with copper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes the savings that comes from doing it yourself can be blown away with one mistake.

The information found in this post is not to be considered legal advice. All information should be considered relative, not specific. Never attempt any repairs you are not comfortable with. Always maintain safety! The author of this post takes no responsibility for any losses that occur. Use at your own risk.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote