Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #1

Share |

Cold Ap Roll Roofing

Hi guys... first time post but have been reading and learning alot from this site.

I live in Orange county NY and am waiting for the rains to finally stop before I attempt to repair the small patch of roof which covers my kitchen and 3 season room.

It currently has a layer of roll roofing that has seen its days (blistering, frayed/cracking edges, etc.). With the winter snows, I now have leaks everytime it rains.

I plan on ripping out the old roofing and relaying new rolls. Here's my question... do I need to lay down a layer of tar paper before applying the cold ap roofing cement then the roll roofing material? or can I go ahead without the tar paper?

Thanks for your input.

Carlos
CarlosHRNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Residential Roofer

Cold Ap Roll Roofing

get the name (manufacturer) of the material you plan on using and go to their website, you'll find installation specs there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote