Beaded siding: mold problems?
I've heard rumors of mold problems with beaded siding. We're considering replacing our siding with beaded, but of course would rather not deal with mold problems. It seems that the small notch at the bead would tend to hold water, especially on our north-facing house.
Here are some links to some examples of the siding (NOT problems, NOT bashing these brands/vendors!):
Anyone have any experience/thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance!
Mold is Gold. It's the new asbestos.
It's all around us. Infact you are breathing it right now. It's primarily harmless, except for a few kinds of mold and except when they begin to accumulate in an unventilated enviroment. On the outside of the house wouldn't be any problem other than cosmetic, and it's not likely MOLD will actually accumulate. Perhaps mildew, perhaps algae, perhaps moss, but not likely it will be mold. ESPECIALLY on a synthetic VINYL product as you had posted.
In my opinion I wouldn't worry about it one little bit. Vinyl is almost maintenance free, a hose once a year is pretty much all you need. An occasional brush off with some soapy water in the worst of the spots may also be necessary.
Who told you mold grows on vinyl?
But if it really comes off that easily, maybe it's not a concern. Thanks.
I heard it from a neighbor, who had beaded siding. But maybe not vinyl; dunno.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.|
Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved