Attick Exhaust Fan - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

attick exhaust fan

I am considering installing an exhaust fan in my roof to decrease cooling costs in the summer. I was going to install a roof mounted model. Any pearls of wisdom anyone can offer to prevent leakage would be great.

Advertisement

ktimmeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

attick exhaust fan

Energy costs to run an electric powered attic ventilator have been proven to cost more to run than the energy they save and those studies were done before the substantial increases over the past several years of escalating energy costs, so it would be an even bigger factor currently.

If you decide to got hat route anyways, get a unit that has a thermostat for the heat setting and also a humidistat for the humidity control. Air Vent and Certainteed supply these.

Also, as an effective option, consider the solar powered onesw now available. No wiring hook up would be required and they would not cost any energy to operate. They are slightly more costly initially, but wil save money in the short and long run. Certainteed and GAF make good ones.

Ed

Advertisement

Ed the Roofer is offline   Reply With Quote