Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #1

Share |

Attic intake ventilation

My situation is I have virtually no intake ventilation for my SnowCountry ridge vent. When I had my siding done about 10 years ago I was a very inexperienced homeowner and went with what the salesman told me (big mistake). anyways, I had ridge venting installed last year. Now I need to get the intake side right. These guy installed vented soffit panels but did not open up the old wood soffits. I just went through an effort to open them up. I pulled down the facia cover and soffit panels. Cut out most of the old wood soffit and put everything back together. It turned out OK. It is now better than before but I know I do not have enough intake base don the calculations. The panels only give 3.2 square inch per foot. I have a 1foot eave so I am getting a 3rd of what I need. I think the best option is to install continuous intake vents like these that balance exactly with the ridge vent
http://www.airvent.com/homeowner/pro...e-soffit.shtml.

Can these be integrated with my existing soffit panels?
beerdog is offline   Reply With Quote