Attic Fan - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Attic fan

My attic fan crapped out on me recently. Got my home warranty company to replace it. They "installed" it today. Because it is bigger than the old one, and because the warranty company only covers so much ( like only electrical, no sawing of anything) the guy left the old fan right where it is and attached the new one inside the attic just underneath it. This isn't working for me, and I said as much, but also didn't give the guy a hard time because I understand how the warranty co. works. The company phone lines were too busy to get through to anyone today, but here's my question: if they say they'll cover it if someone else makes the hole larger, how much would someone charge for that job?
Thanks.

Advertisement

dfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Renovations contractor

Rewards Points: 250

Attic fan

You'll need to say where you are (specifically )... This is the Internet so people from all over the world. Having said that you'll most likely need to call someone locally unless you happen to find someone on here from the same location.

Advertisement

Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #3

Attic fan

The same Fan Fixing job would cost drastically different in Manhattan than it does in Uttah. Similarly if you call in a local freelancer guy to fix it he would probably charge 50% of what a professional Domestic Repair company would charge.

Average charge I would say should be about : 120$
caliberroofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #4

Attic fan

I am located in Raleigh north Carolina.
dfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,524

Attic fan

Probably too damn hot up there, and did not want to deal ti sweating, even though they could have set up a fan to pull cooler air up into the attic and take a water bottle. Then of course, if they had to crawl through the attic if it is not tall enough, that could be why they did the hack job.

I would be calling the warranty company up and complaining to them about the half finished job.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote