Anchoring Aluminum Railing Through EPDM Roof? - Roofing/Siding - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

anchoring aluminum railing through EPDM roof?

I have a 16'x'14.5' flat roof over a garage that is going to be used as a patio deck. I have a 3/4 plywood deck over 2x12 stringers, with a rubber membrane (EPDM) roof that has no seams and has drip cap around the edge. I want to put aluminum railings (standard Menards 8' sections with metal posts that have a base with 4 bolts that would simply go down through the EPDM and 3/4 plywood and the nuts would be tightened from the inside of the garage. Any idea on how best to seal this up so I don't have leakage problems? Thanks in advance. Regards, Joe Bluth

Advertisement

jbluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Commercial Roofing

Rewards Points: 500

anchoring aluminum railing through EPDM roof?

Yes, install pitch pans around the posts and fill them with pourable sealer. Flash the pans in with uncured flashing. Done.

Advertisement

Seamless Polyurea Roofing Membranes for Metal Roofing, Roof Leak Repair, Seamless Commercial Spray Foam Insulation, Seamless Commercial Roofing, SPF Roofing, Industrial Insulation, Our trucks are red but our roofing is GREEN!
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote