Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Roofing/Siding

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #1

Share |

advice please

Hi

Ive just had my lead flashing replaced around my chimneys and they replaced the roof tiles also around the chimney, iinside the roof when your in the loft there was like plaster on the inside of the roof tiles, the new ones they have replaced obviously dont have this, ive just noticed as its been raining hard the last few days that there is water getting in near where the new tiles are and this must be running down my chimney as my 2 bedrooms upstairs have a wet stain on the top corner of the wall, is this leak because i need to put the plater type stuck inside the roof tile, or is ther something else i can do - help and advise please

stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #2

advice please

pics would be helpful.I would say it is a leak,if flashings are installed correctly there is no need for caulk,etc.

johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #3

advice please

I more strongly suspect that the flashings are done incorrectly, or if the side wall and apron flashings remained, they may have been distrupted.

Photos would help, but only if you know how to walk on the tile roof without damaging them further.

Contact the installer for his view on what went wrong.

If the answer is not satisfactory and it did not leak prior to his remediation work, then there should be some accontability.

On the other hand, repairing a leak can sometimes be like looking for a needle in a haystack and is hit or miss too, so see what he has to say first.

Ed
Ed the Roofer is offline   Reply With Quote