Where Do You Stop Tile In Doorway - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 526

where do you stop tile in doorway

Have a diagonal door to bathroom with 12 x 12 tiles (will BE). We were discussing where to stop ceramic tile. Directly under center of door, inside edge of door, outside edge of door even with stop,,,middle of stop,,,hallway edge of whole door frame.???????? Pro tilers have to have some standard. If it matters will probably have laminate similiar to "Pergo" on hallway/ living room bedroom ajoining

Advertisement

4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,256

where do you stop tile in doorway

Traditionally bathroom doorways have a marble threshold to function as a separator and for appearance. If you use a threshold you wouldn't have to ask the question since the marble is supposed to be 4.5", the thickness of the jamb. If you skip the threshold, I still recommend running the tile to the outside of the jamb. We do this for bathrooms only. All other doorways get the "change' under the closed door.

One additional benefit of the threshold is when visitors see the threshold or tile, they will know it's a bathroom.

Jaz

Advertisement

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote