DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What is this "mastic" stuff anyway?.......

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  yummy mummy 
#1 ·
I need to remove a plastic nut, It is hiding and cannot get my hands around it, to remove.

I have been told to use "channel lock"?:eek: What are they? What do they look like?

Also, if I am installing marble on my bathroom wall, what adhesive would I use? Do I need to use this mastic stuff, or can I use regular thinset, white, for marble?

Thanks very much.

#2 ·
#5 ·
In your case (by the way, why isn't this project finished by now?) the channel locks will allow you to reach into the wall from the front to loosen that nut.:)

Use white thinset for your marble. It doesn't necessarily have to be specifically for marble if you have the regular stuff on hand from one of your other projects.:wink:

GIT-R-DONE!

#6 ·
Thanks Bud. When I did my tiling I used white modified thinset. So I guess I can use that.

Not done yet. If only the day had 48 hours.......
I still have to purchase my tiles. I am looking for those small tiles on a mesh background.

OK, you know I am going to ask you more ?s......:)
What size notch trowel do I use if I am using those small tiles that are on that mesh background?

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.