What Do I Need To Close Joints In Marble(slab Not Tile) - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

what do i need to close joints in marble(slab not Tile)

I have cut a window sill out of a marble slab I got but it isn't long enough. I know you can fill gaps using epoxy and paint but how would I do this and what tools do I need(drill bits for buffing ect..).

I'm gong to have to add a small piece at either end to make the window sill flush. I know using 1 full piece is the best but I need to use this specific one and I don't want to buy anymore.

I know this can be done. i seen it before on a countertop install.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Limit54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Tile / Stone Contractor

Rewards Points: 10

You can get an epoxy with colored pigment that matches your marble. The seam is over filled then scraped off with a razor blade when it starts to set. Then it is buffed out using very, very fine polishing wheels on a grinder. You can find all these items at a specialty tile and stone supplier or (cheaper, quicker) take all your pieces to a stone fabricator and tell them what you need, what size, what edging, etc. and have them make it for you. Then you just install it.

Advertisement

TileArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

i'm one of those "got to do it myself" type of person. I hate when people tell me "you can't do that. You have to get that done for you". So I'll be doing it myself. Thanks for the help.

Grinder=check
buffing wheel=nope
marble=check
epoxy=nope

can't cost that much...i'll have to check it out. I don't know of any stone people in my area?? and I would think that for that they would charge me way to much.
Limit54 is offline   Reply With Quote