Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #1

Share |

wet saw?

Going to purchase a wet saw soon, looked at mk wet saws, usage will be sporatic but dont want to worry about quality.(I want to buy the right good saw the first time).saw the mk370 for 350.00, but was wondering if the 377 (251.00)was just as good for my usage.Thank you

Last edited by rsclark67; 02-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
rsclark67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #2

wet saw?

Check their website to check the actual differences, choose the one that fits your needs.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #3

wet saw?

Rs,
I have the 370. I went to Mk's website to see what the difference between the two models was. The 377 has a 1/2hp motor, the 370 has a 1 1/4 hp. Quite a difference. I have had good service from mine. I would recommend spending the extra money and get the bigger motor. Also depends what you are cutting. I cut a lot of 12 and 13" porcelain tile. Not a problem, the motor doesn't hardly slow down.
Mike Hawkins
firehawkmph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:08 AM   #4

wet saw?

Thank you for your time
rsclark67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 AM   #5
Tool Geek

wet saw?

rs, You can't go wrong with MK
Fifteen years ago I was able to fix a friends really old MK Tile Saw by going down to the MK plant in Torrance CA (LA County) and getting free advice and the repair part (pump switch). The staff could not have been more helpful. To me it felt like going up to the Parts window at an Auto dealership. They just listened to my symptoms then went back in the stacks and brought back the switch.

At that time I had to walk by the MK Assembly line where they were building that small tile saw that used a 4-1/2" grinder motor. I was unknowingly trespassing through the factory but still received friendly advice from the workers on how to get back to the parts department.

I don't have any recent experience, but from my first experience, I think that their Customer Service is top notch.

http://www.mktilesaws.com/
PaliBob is online now   Reply With Quote