Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tiling an Uneven Kitchen Floor

I hope someone can help me. We have a cement kitchen floor. I would like to tile but the floor is uneven . Waves and a difference in height from 1-2 cm. I was thinking of putting a plywood or particle wood base over the cement and then tiling on top of that. Better yet this building is all cement, It is in Romania, so I don't have to tell you about poor workmanship of the building. No I am not Romanian. I am Canadian and is my wife's home. I have live in Switzerland but are Renovating her apartment there. I have tiled before but not under these type of circumstances. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

JZsold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Tiling an Uneven Kitchen Floor

what you want is a floor leveler cement. You mix it up in a 5 gal pail and pour it out on the floor. It's very thin and seeks it's own level. It dries in about four hours. Here is a link to what I'm talking about.

UFoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote