Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tiling an outside corner to a half wall

I am remodeling my bathroom. I will be tiling my tub walls all the way to the ceiling. Then I will be adding a half wall to the rest of the room. I have read about taking the bullnose tile and extending it to be flush with the half wall tile. My question is that if I have the half tile wall meeting a full tile wall at an outside corner how to I make both the tile wall to the tile wall look good and at the same time have the tile wall to the non tile wall look good? Thanks for all your help!!!!

roadrunner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,000

There's several ways to do this depending on the tile and the types of trim pieces available. More info and a few pictures of the walls would be nice.

Essentially you'd have the trims (bullnose) on one side then switch them to the other side of the outside corner when the height changes. Hard to xplain, so pictures of the wall and tile with trims will help.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I do not have a picture of the bathroom with me so I made this diagram to give you a better idea of what I am trying to do.
Attached Images

roadrunner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,000

I've been trying to find a photo that shows that situation, no luck.

Essentially you run the bullnose vertically to the edge of the outside corner within the tub area from the top (ceiling or?) to where it drops to the lower height around the corner. You then run the bullnose horizontally on the wall that the tiles are lower with the use of two corner pieces. An inside corner piece, (sm4269) and an outside corner, (sn4269) and also from that point down to the floor. This vertical bullnose is now on the wall that gets only partially tiled. Again, hard to explain. I'm still looking for a picture.

Meanwhile, if there's an older home in your area that has tiles in the bathroom as you want, take a look if possible.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullnose, corner, half, tile