Tiling Kitchen Counter...edge Questions - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tiling kitchen counter...edge questions

This is my first time post on a diy forum. I'm going to tile my kitchen counters and I have concerns about the edges and corners. My original plan was to use absolute black granite tile using the matching granite edge and corner pieces available on floor decor & more. Now for budget reasons as well as having fewer grout lines, I want to use large field 24x24 super black rectified polished porcelain tile on the surface with matching epoxy grout. I used epoxy grout on my ceramic backsplash with great success and I don't worry about stains or water with that grout. It's polished porcelain and through bodied so I'm considering bullnosing it myself or having it done, if I can find either the right equipment or a place locally-a big if.
Another thought I had was to use 2x2 mosaic tiles that have round edges, but I haven't been able to locate what I'm looking for. I have considered the 4x24 bullnose pieces for the straight edges and trimming them down but I don't trust myself with that consistency and precision and I'm concerned about safety with the chips that may occur on the cut edge since it will be exposed and ungrouted. Also the corners are still unsolved. The color is plain black. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

a1corno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullnose , corner , countertop , edge , tile