Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Tiles that look like wood


I need to find a tile that looks like a wood. Here is the twist. This customer wants the tiles to have a circle in the corners that makes it look like nail down wood, but is a ceramic or porcelain product. I am in Oklahoma and can't find anything locally. I work for a company that has a large warehouse and can receive shipments from anywhere. Help!!

Tile guy Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,519
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Tiles that look like wood


They used to sell that around here. Don't remember the nail hole part, just the "plank" shaped tile.
I'd check tile manufacturers on the internet. Many companies will have a store locator option where you can find their products if they have it in their product line.
Here's one:
http://www.classictileny.com/viewproducts.php?catid=43
There are plenty of companies that sell the product.

__________________
Ron
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
B. Franklin 1759

Last edited by Ron6519; 10-22-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Tiles that look like wood


as what I have known there's a certain tile wood that really fit for what the customer asking , its just more expensive than the normal tile but its adorable to look. that tile-wood is not easily to be found because it has legal paper works to process it and to sell it..I had already seen that tile-wood in a certain home and it really looks unique!!
Kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,519
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Tiles that look like wood


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee View Post
as what I have known there's a certain tile wood that really fit for what the customer asking , its just more expensive than the normal tile but its adorable to look. that tile-wood is not easily to be found because it has legal paper works to process it and to sell it..I had already seen that tile-wood in a certain home and it really looks unique!!
Can you explain this remark, "that tile-wood is not easily to be found because it has legal paper works to process it and to sell it."?
Really interested in what legal restriction would cause this material to require "legal paper works".
__________________
Ron
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
B. Franklin 1759
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Tiles that look like wood


ron6519: thanks for the question..! as what I've known from a friend "tilewood is seldom to be bought" aside that its expensive it is also due to restrictions being made because the wood that in process of making tile wood are somewhat endangered trees that can't just be cut down without legal permits..
Kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,519
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Tiles that look like wood


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee View Post
ron6519: thanks for the question..! as what I've known from a friend "tilewood is seldom to be bought" aside that its expensive it is also due to restrictions being made because the wood that in process of making tile wood are somewhat endangered trees that can't just be cut down without legal permits..
Tile that looks like wood has no wood in it. It's a ceramic tile.
__________________
Ron
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
B. Franklin 1759
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Tiles that look like wood


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
Tile that looks like wood has no wood in it. It's a ceramic tile.
really? ok i just figure it out that maybe I'm referring to another not the ceramic tile..I misinterpret the post I'm thinking of the wood itself..
Kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,519
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Tiles that look like wood


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee View Post
really? ok i just figure it out that maybe I'm referring to another not the ceramic tile..I misinterpret the post I'm thinking of the wood itself..
Poster said, " I need to find a tile that looks like a wood."
It helps to understand what the post is about.
__________________
Ron
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
B. Franklin 1759
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Tiles that look like wood


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
Poster said, " I need to find a tile that looks like a wood."
It helps to understand what the post is about.
ok .. sorry about that .
Kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 15
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Tiles that look like wood


Company IWT carry some and Happy Floors. I think Daltile will have some to. I'm not sure if you have those company in your area but check with the flooring stores if they carry product from the company I listed.

Nika is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OSB Stronger than Plywood? Weathermaker01 Flooring 15 12-22-2012 10:06 AM
Help Need Wood identification :D x3 iloveusk8rboi Carpentry 3 10-15-2010 10:05 PM
Laminate wood floor layout questions nathan.tran Flooring 4 08-30-2008 11:56 PM
Do I need to replace a rotten sill plate met Carpentry 8 07-11-2008 10:14 AM
Wood close to Non-IC recessed lighting-solution? sjmonty Electrical 4 12-01-2006 10:14 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.