Tile Around One Piece Shower Unit And Tub - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Tile around one piece shower unit and tub

I want to add tile around our one piece shower unit to make it less boring. I do not want to have an all tile shower which is why we are leaving it in place. Can I put the tile right on the drywall around the shower or do I have to remove the drywall and replace it? (Really do not want to do that) I am unsure if "greenboard" is there or not. The same for the soaking tub. I want to add a nice border there too. (It will match the vanity backsplash.)
I am asking because I know you can tile a kitchen backsplash right over the drywall, hence my questions.

Advertisement

golfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,242

You should be fine--If the drywall has not been damaged by the daily use of the shower --it can only be improved by adding tile--Go do it!

Advertisement

oh'mike is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oh'mike For This Useful Post:
golfgirl (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Thank you "oh mike". I was thinking it would be ok but I wasn't sure and don't want mold to grow. We have none now. We live in the SE on the coast and with the high humidity, despite ac, a tiled shower would be a nightmare.
golfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote