Threshold Between Carpet And New Bathroom Tile. - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Threshold between carpet and new bathroom tile.

Hi. First post here. I have been amazed by all the great info I have gotten from this forum.

I am about embark upon my first diy project. I am doing a total bathroom remodel. I am about to start tiling but I am stumped on the threshold between the bedroom carpet and new tile. The one the Lowes guy gave me has a lip. I thought the backer board and the tile was to sit on the lip but when I do that it sits higher than the threshold. Do I turn it around so the carpet is on the lip like the old one that is there ? Thanks in advance!

Aaron
Attached Images

Advertisement

Baldy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,616

Threshold between carpet and new bathroom tile.

That piece of M-D trim you have is to be installed "under" the tile with thinset as you install the tile and "above" the cement board. It then gives you a clean straight edge to tuck the carpet to while at the same time protecting the edge of the tile. The carpet cushion and carpet will hide the cement board.

That particular profile has no lip for the carpet. Those profiles come in different sizes also to accommodate the different tile thicknesses.

Advertisement