Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 AM   #1

Share |

shower wet bed

I'm installing a wet bed in a shower, need to know the the sand to portland mixture and proper pitch on floor and any tips on keeping the mud straight.

wmjr51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #2

shower wet bed

4 parts mason sand to one part Portland, mixed till it just holds together in a ball, 1/4" per ft.

More important, how Exactly are you building this?

R&D Tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #3

shower wet bed

Is it a square mud bed? Rectangle? Where is drain? Why dont you just buy some custom float.....mud bed in a bag. Make sure you put shower liner under it whatever the case
JGibbsRemodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #4

shower wet bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibbsRemodel View Post
Is it a square mud bed? Rectangle? Where is drain? Why dont you just buy some custom float.....mud bed in a bag. Make sure you put shower liner under it whatever the case
Shape isn't important and if using a liner, NEED a pre-slope under it, that's why we need to know if they even know what steps are needed to build this.
R&D Tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #5

shower wet bed

yes, pre-slope under liner. Shape matters.....Size matters....everything matters. What will you be eating before you install mud bed? Proper proteins are needed for proper slope...Also what color shirt will you wear?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Tileguy

shower wet bed

I don't know about food, but sounds like you drank your lunch!

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Tileguy

shower wet bed

Quote:
JGibbsRemodel:
"yes, pre-slope under liner. Shape matters.....Size matters....everything matters. What will you be eating before you install mud bed? Proper proteins are needed for proper slope...Also what color shirt will you wear?"
I don't get any of those above comments! Is that crap supposed to help wmjr51, or is it stand up comedy, or what? How is that nonsense helpful or productive for anyone?
Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #8

shower wet bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Cline View Post
I don't get any of those above comments! Is that crap supposed to help wmjr51, or is it stand up comedy, or what? How is that nonsense helpful or productive for anyone?
whoa....he got the answers he wanted in previous posts on subject. no one say anything playful. or the fun nazi will get you....(Buddy Cline)