Sealing Natural Pebble Mosaic - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,460

Sealing natural pebble mosaic

When I grout a natural stone tile, I like to seal the stone before grouting. That helps keep the grout out of the stone pores and makes it easier to clean off the grout. Then I'll give everything another sealer coat when it's done. It's probably good to give the stone 2 coats anyway.

But it's a pain with the newer round "pebble" mosaics. They're round, so the sealer tends to dribble down the sides of the stones, where I don't want it (it interferes with the grout adherence to the stones where I do want the grout.) Is there anything you guys do special in this situation?

Advertisement

jeffnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,460

Sealing natural pebble mosaic

Seems I just had too much liquid loaded on the foam sponge brush. Those hold a lot of liquid! If I squeezed most of the liquid off and used a pretty dry brush, I still had plenty of sealer on the brush. Take a first pass of the brush on a piece of waste newspaper or something if necessary. I wouldn't want to do the whole floor that way after grouting, but it worked good this way by only getting the stones wet where the brush touched it, without dribbles.

Advertisement

jeffnc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffnc For This Useful Post:
olzo55 (08-14-2014)