Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Rustoleum Tile Transformations

Hey guys, anyone have experience with this product?

I of course won't be using it on floors. But my bathroom has relentless floor to ceiling tiles on all 4 walls. Very dark blue with a ridiculous pattern. The effort involved in demoing this and re-doing it in drywall is very high. The idea of painting it (from what I've read it isn't quite that easy - gotta prep it very carefully etc) is very attractive.

Amateuralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
K&B Designer

The amount of prep needed, and the noxious chemicals needed, to be able to have an epoxy coating stick to tile isn't homeowner friendly. Despite what the marketing hacks would have you believe about being able to DIY it. It's an (expensive) job to have done professionally as well, and it's never as durable as the original ceramic.

Demolition on the other hand, is VERY DIY friendly. And tiling isn't that hard either. If you can do basic math, own a level, and can spread peanut butter on toast, then tiling is well within your ability to do if you go slow.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #3

My nephew used the Rustoleum products on the vanity cabinet in one of his bathrooms and, yes, even on the floor. The floor is actually wearing very well, except for a few small spots where his little son took a hammer to it.

Everyone I talk to says the products are easy to use and every time I see the result in someone's home, it looks great. I would take the chance and paint your bathroom walls with the stuff. Just be sure there's plenty of ventilation.
longislander2 is offline   Reply With Quote