Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
BJ

Share |

OK, no patio fro the broken Granite and Marble any ideas?

Hey, I'm a DIYer. I see something as incredible looking as the different Granites and Marbles I'm collecting up and get that “I can do something with that”.

The patio was just one idea that the responses I've gotten have convinced me it wasn't a good one. One of the many reason that I love this site. Where else can you but an idea out and have people tell that it won't work and save you the frustration of finding it out the hard was.

If any of your DIYer minds have any ideas on what you might do with this stuff I'd greatly appreciate any ideas.

I've got pieces so big they're hard to carry.

The fireplace is definitely going to get done. I replaced the insides of a brick BBQ grill that was already here, but just I don't like the brick they used. I was going to stucco it, now it may be Granite and Marble.

If all else fails the back entrance needs some fill. It would probably make it one of the most valuable driveways per square foot, but I'll put the stuff to use. For free you can't beat the price, so I'd only be out a little sweat. Well more than a little. Try stacking some big pieces of Granite and Marble neatly enough to not get yelled at.

BJLower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Tileguy

Quote:
I replaced the insides of a brick BBQ grill that was already here,
WHOOPS!!!!!

Be careful when using that BBQ from here on in. Granite is not a good choice for areas subjected to high heat. Believe it or not, granite can spall-off and pop loose tiny pebbles when it is heated. One form of granite used in monuments and memorials and buildings is what is known as "flamed granite". Flaming granite makes the surface of the stone ruff and rugged. In some cases it is considered an enhancement of the stone.

Inside a BBQ it could cause some serious injuries to someone.

Sorry...thought you should know.

Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #3

good gawda'mighty, get it outta there ! ! ! granite'll not only spall & send flying chips when it gets hot, it can EXPLODE ! ! !
yesitsconcrete is offline   Reply With Quote