Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #1

Share |

New ceramic floor sealing

I have a newly installed ceramic floor in my kitchen and dining room. It is the 12" square tile with app. 1/4 grout joints. The installer recommended that I seal the grout joints after a few days.
He gave me several bottles of AQUA MIX Grout Sealer and said to just cover the entire floor. However, The Aqua Mix web site states that the grout itself should be sealed and to clean of any sealer that gets on the face of the tile. I like to follow the manufacturer instructions but coating the entire floor would be much simpler then carefully coating the grout. This is probably the reason the installer covers the entire floor. As in many cases how it is applied is to be considered. I have done a search and have gotten mixed opinions.
What are your thoughts?

Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Handyguy

Send a message via Skype™ to Brik

If its glazed ceramic tile i would just do the joints as recommended by the manufacturer. if its an unsealed tile then the whole floor.

Brik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #3

You can purchase a bottle with a roller tip made expressly for this application. I saw one in Home Depot.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote