Need Help With A Backsplash Job (interlocking Natural Stone Sheets) - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Need Help with a backsplash job (interlocking natural stone sheets)

Hi All

I'm new around here and in dire need for help... I am s=installing these tiles I bought in a back splash in my kitchen... one of the reasons I went for this one besides the look is because they don't need grouting, just a sealer... since they are not going to be near water I thought it will be a piece of cake... well... basically my question is that it is really hard to put them together as they have to be forced together and i am afraid to break them. I thought forcing it with a rubber mallet but again not sure if that's the best way.... any tips, ideas, suggestions, etc... please feel free to comment...

I included a picture of the tile and will take pictures along the way to post a progress report here for you guys!

thanks on advance for all the help.

bororin
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help with a backsplash job (interlocking natural stone sheets)-photo-5-.jpg  

Advertisement

bororin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
mike owes me $53 dollars

Rewards Points: 75

Need Help with a backsplash job (interlocking natural stone sheets)

Hey B,
since its natural stone, I'm sure the sizing will vary... use a grinder to shave down the tight spots for a better fit. It will be time consuming and tedious work but take your time and be careful. It will look great when its done

Advertisement

Tech Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backsplash , kitchen remodeling , natural stone , tile backsplash , tiles