Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #1

Share |

Natural stone finished edge.

Hi All

I am about to put up a natural stone backsplash in my kitchen. The veneer comes in pre-joined panels with pieces of varying depth and height. I have done some tiling in the past, including mitring and curved angles, so I am not too intimidated. However, I have one wall where the backsplash will be left "open". That is, it will not be abutted to a wall or any sort of trim.
Any advise on the most professional looking way of finishing this edge?
Because if the varying depths of individual stones I think it will look odd to have a pencil type piece or wood trim abutting to it.
I did think of cutting each end tile and then mitring it with the corresponding cut tile at a 90' angle so that each side of the 90' will be a finished edge. This will be pernickety but it is only one side about 15" in total. Any views?
katim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #2

I'd get some corresponding 'pencil' type of trim pieces .... there are all kinds out there .. just 'google' pencil tile .
CitadelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #3

The problem is that it is a ledge stone type veneer and each stone varies in depth from 1/2 inch to 1 inch. So what depth of pencil to choose, ( ie it will either be too wide for some pieces or too small for others)?
katim is offline   Reply With Quote