Ledger Board Question - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ledger Board question

Hello forum. This is my first post. I should of joined years ago. Here goes. I am tiling the walls surrounding the bathtub. Already have the cement board attatched. My question is why would a ledger board be needed? Can I just start from the bathtub with a gap using a 3/16 inch wedge all around between the tub and first row of tiles? Thanks for any input and appreciate your time. Thanks again...Ray...

Advertisement

fatboy1729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Ledger Board question

U can but ledger board just let's u start with a straight line snd then once set go back and put in pieces on tub which most will have to be cut

Advertisement

kaschmid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,032

Ledger Board question

As said, many tubs are not perfectly level, especially at the ends- keep water from draining/running off side onto floor. Moving you to "Tile" for more answers, Gary