Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Grout sealer

Can anyone recommend a grout sealer? Does the 15 or 20 year stuff really last that long? I'm cleaning my existing tile floors in the house I recently bought and want to try and keep them in better shape than the last owner

bryanp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,000

Grout sealer

There are many brands of sealer, each company makes several grades to meet all price points. It's best to get buy the most expensive since it's difficult to tell just by looks. I trust companies such as Miracle Sealants, Aqua mIx, Dupont, there are many more.

I've got tile floors and tiled counters I did in Jan. '94. They were sealed when new, then again after 7-8 years, not since. They look almost like new. Even spilled coffee in the brew area wipes with no signs of staining. I used Miracle Sealant, 511 Impregnator the last time. Plan to spend $35-50 for a qt. =_.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote