Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Grout Cleaning

I was recommended this product from a local tile shop to restore the colour of my white grout which over years has turned to a near black...

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

http://www.surf-pro.ca/english/tile.html

After applying and scrubbing (I'm going to use a toothbrush) in the grout lines, what is the best way to clean the floor afterwards?

The product suggests cleaning with their Intellegent Soap but can I use a dish soap dilute in warm water and get the same end result?

Suggestions?

I will post some before and after with a little product review once complete.

Cheers,
will

williamwiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 2,366

Grout Cleaning

Try OxyClean--works well--cheap and available everywhere.

tpolk (02-04-2011)
Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,000

Grout Cleaning

Sounds like a basic acidic tile & grout cleaner to me.

Quote:
to restore the colour of my white grout which over years has turned to a near black...
If so, you're about 10-15 years too late.

Quote:
The product suggests cleaning with their Intellegent Soap but can I use a dish soap dilute in warm water and get the same end result?
You can if you like lots of suds. You should never use dish soap to clean anything that can't be rinsed in the sink or hose. (bad for cars too). You should probably clean the tiles with the grout cleaner too. It's ganna get all over anyway. Use ph neutral floor detergent to clean weekly or whenever....

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Cleaner Extroadinaire

Rewards Points: 10

Grout Cleaning

New innovative product called Pink Stuff made in Australia gets all grout and tile: marble, travertine, ceramic etc back to as new no matter what the colour. No foam for easy cleanup. Non acid: non corrosive: non abrasive: antibacterial: antifungal: food safe (for other cleaning) septic safe: kills MRSA(golden staph) in 30 seconds.
Simply broom on wait 20 mins and mop off NO SCRUBBING.
kalli828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #5

Grout Cleaning

Is this 'Pink Stuff available in the US??? I live in Port St Lucie, FL - this is the first I've heard of it - my wife is a PITA when it comes to cleaning grout - we've got three dogs, one of which isn't well housebroken and has numerous accidents - the wife like to use straighht bleach - the fumes are noxious and annoying, but she refuses to use an alternate product, so I'd like to know more about this 'Pink Stuff'..I googled the product but what I've found seems to me used to remove metals in and around swimming pools - what have I missed???

CB in FL, USA
Chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Learning Things Every Day

Rewards Points: 500

Grout Cleaning

This thread is a year old, but I'll play.

I used this: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

I'm happy with it, got good results. The two reviewers who said it's bad were applying it with too much pressure, which is how they tore up the tip.

This is the best pic I could find that I took while applying it. You can see some of the grout near the rug and vanity that I hadn't done yet. I did this nearly a year ago and it still looks great.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #7
Cleaner Extroadinaire

Grout Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbroz View Post
Is this 'Pink Stuff available in the US??? I live in Port St Lucie, FL - this is the first I've heard of it - my wife is a PITA when it comes to cleaning grout - we've got three dogs, one of which isn't well housebroken and has numerous accidents - the wife like to use straighht bleach - the fumes are noxious and annoying, but she refuses to use an alternate product, so I'd like to know more about this 'Pink Stuff'..I googled the product but what I've found seems to me used to remove metals in and around swimming pools - what have I missed???

CB in FL, USA
Hi Chris,
Pink Stuff is posted to the US, but not yet available there.
Please visit my site which is www.pinkstuff.com.au and there is a video on the results acheived for grout and tile as well as general cleaning.
It is as easy as broom on mop off and is safe for all stone floors even marble.
You must have found something else called pink stuff 'cause this is non-acid: non-corrosive: non-abrasive: antibacterial: antifungal: food safe: septic safe and kills MRSA (golden staph).
Hope this helps and I am like your wife as I like everything immaculate.
Cheers
Vickie
kalli828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #8

Grout Cleaning

As mentioned earlier, Oxyclean does work really well, but if that doesn't take the stain out, you may need to recolor your grout with a grout colorant. A grout colorant will recolor the surface of your grout and seal it for you at the same time.

Sometimes it is a lot easier to do then it is to try and clean the grout after 20 years (and it also does less damage). Another possible solution is to re grout. You would only want to regrout is the surface of your grout is starting to crack or chip. Let me see if I can find you a website to help explain it better . . .

Siaster is offline   Reply With Quote