Got A Couple Finishing The Job Questions - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
jpc
jc

Rewards Points: 158
Send a message via Yahoo to jpc

got a couple finishing the job questions

before i get started I want to thank the guys helped me thru the other post, he helped tremendously.As right now, i have my living room, dining room and kitchen, all tiled out in the middle, leaving just the peices around the edge, For the most part im happy with every. But on to my problem then question, in s couple smalled sections i got sloppy during the grouting and cleanup, and maybe pulled some of the grout up, have spots that are low now. Although not horrible, just sticks out to me a bit, Should i pull those spots up being as they are not big sections and redo, or is there a bonding solution or just putting grout over?# 2 question... Doing the subfloor, cbu,main body of the tile with my work schedule has taken a about two weeks, and held off sealing until i find out, would sealing up to those sections affect to bond/ for the peices still to set, or no biggie? im guessing that if i stay about 6 inchs or so away id be good? Im going to post some pics for those of you interested, of how its going, thanks in advance

Advertisement

jpc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceramic tile , regrouting , sealing