Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Getting around outlets when installing mosaic tiles

This article could be very useful when installing a backsplash. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.mineraltiles.com/getting-...-mosaic-tiles/

mariarezende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,296

I assume you're related to that site in some way, otherwise why would you link to it? The advice is very weak.

It makes my head spin to read the convoluted grammar: "A good advice is less you cut the sheet easier it is to line up the joints."

Anyway, the article fails to address the actual problems that arise when tiling around outlets - 1, how to cut the actual mosaic tiles, and 2, how to deal with outlets and covers that are now offset due to the additional thickness of the tile.

You'd have to be outrageously lucky for that technique to actually work (unless you're using a mosaic of about 1/4" in size.)

jeffnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Oh...... So that's were tiles come from lol
JetSwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

My question is where I can get an outlet like that with one ground pointing up and the other down
russiand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to russiand For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (08-02-2013)
Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

Hey guys, Maria was so proud of her little tutorial, that she took time out of her busy day as a graphic artist, to come share this with us. I'm sure her simple-minded boss was very impressed, and shouted in excitement, "MARIA, MARIA! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN! YOU NEED TO SHARE YOUR EXTRAORDINARY WORK WITH THE WORLD!". So, Maria did what any good little graphic designer working for a tile manufacturer would do...she shared it with the world.

Her boss may be impressed...me, not so much. Nice try at spamming us, but poor execution.

Maria (or should I call you Maju, since that's the name you usually go by, right?), here's a word of advise:
If you're going to go on a spam campaign, it's probably not a good idea to use your real name.

If any of you would like to thank Maju Rezende for this informative spam ad, you can contact her via Twitter (@majurznd), Google Plus (https://plus.google.com/102373679315...64255446/posts), facebook (facebook.com/majurznd), or Houzz (http://www.houzz.com/user/maju-rezende).

She's somewhere in the ballpark of 31yrs old, lives in Miami, but moved from Florianopolis, Santa Catarina (Brazil). She's a member of two Brazilian Business Owner's groups on facebook.

Her husband's name is Nauro Rezende Jr. He works in advertising and is also a graphic designer and web developer. Nauro use to work for Surfaces, Inc, which is (surprise!) another online tile retailer.

I don't expect she'll be posting here anymore, after seeing all of her information posted here

Mods: none of the above is private information, as it was easily found amongst public web resources.

Last edited by Seattle2k; 08-05-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Seattle2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backsplash, glass mosaic tile, mosaic, outlets, tile