Fixing Bathroom Counter Top - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Fixing bathroom counter top

I accidently broke bathroom sink countertop. I thought this is Marble counter top. But tile guy came in and said, it is not. it is plastic or mika or some thing..

Is it possible to identify what material it is and fix the crack ?

Please see the pics.
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...k/P2200105.jpg

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...k/P2200103.jpg
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/v...k/P2200102.jpg

Advertisement

cprao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
We pick these?

Rewards Points: 75

Your countertop looks to be a composite, like cultured marble. Repairing such a crack would probably cost more than it's worth. Cultured marble is inexpensive and is available in stock sizes at most large home centers. Other inexpensive composites and some relatively inexpensive solid surface options are available as well. I doubt you'd get a satisfactory DIY repair of the cracked top unless you're an auto body repairman or a surfboard builder, or something like that. Then, if you did either of those things you wouldn't have asked...

Advertisement

NailedIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailedIt View Post
Your countertop looks to be a composite, like cultured marble. Repairing such a crack would probably cost more than it's worth. Cultured marble is inexpensive and is available in stock sizes at most large home centers. Other inexpensive composites and some relatively inexpensive solid surface options are available as well. I doubt you'd get a satisfactory DIY repair of the cracked top unless you're an auto body repairman or a surfboard builder, or something like that. Then, if you did either of those things you wouldn't have asked...
I am not any of that and I am a newbie in this DIY area also..

So you mean, it does not make sense to look for a repair.. ok.. I think the price of the marble is probably not the issue but the issue is the installation cost.. that seems to be expensive..
cprao is offline   Reply With Quote