DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Facing shower with stone

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  osloslosher 
#1 ·
So I'm going to preface this by saying that I have very little experience, however I live in a foreign country and nobody understands what I want done. Sooooo, here we go. I have a bathroom that I am remodeling. I am planing on facing the shower with half dollar sized stone. The problem I have is that the building is made entirely out of concrete and somehow the previous homeowner tiled the bathroom in such a way that I can not remove these insanely ugly tiles from the wall. I have tried chiseling them off, but this is slow going and as I take off tile I am also making divots in the concrete. There are already minor divots in the wall above the tiles (they only tiled about a third of the way up the wall) so my plan was to patch the wall with concrete. can I just put a layer of concrete over the tiles that are there and then begin facing the wall with stone? Or is this a bad idea?

#2 ·
Reactions: osloslosher
#4 ·
Oslo,

No, no, you've got it wrong. That tool is not a drill, you can't put a chisel on your drill. Your hammer drill is for make holes.

Stones are not a good choice for wet areas. Sometimes we can tile over the old walls, but usually not. Can you post some pics?

Jaz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.