DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

EDGE Tile Flooring Product

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DannyT 
#1 ·
We purchased EDGE tile flooring from our local Lowes Store 5 or 6 yrs ago and installed it (as instructed) in our kitchen, hallway and guest bathroom. It was fine for about 2 yrs, but then the tiles started cracking. The first broken tiles were by the front door, so I thought maybe a heavy object had been dropped on it, but a few months later, I discovered two cracked tiles in the guest bathroom, which has very little traffic. We now have several cracked tiles on the kitchen floor. Our house is fairly new (built in 1996) and the tile was installed on a smooth even floor over the EDGE underlayment product. We do not have the receipt of purchase and the LOWES store where we purchased it no longer sells the product and was not helpful when we inquired with them. The website states a 20-yr warranty and the product has not been on the market for 20-yrs yet. What recourse do we have for compensation to replace the flooring?

#2 ·
The Edge Tile product went into bankruptcy a few years ago and collapsed as far as I know. I suppose you have no recourse. As far as the twenty year warranty I don't know what happens in a case such as this. I doubt there is anything you can do.:)

I suppose you would have to go after Lowe's.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.