Ditra Anti-fracture And Thinset - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
jbd

Rewards Points: 10

Ditra anti-fracture and thinset

I recently installed some stone tiles over a ditra anti-fracture mat using fortified thin set. Later I realized that you are suppose to use non-modified thin set. What is going to happen and what should I do?

Advertisement

jbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

there is a section in this forum labled for flooring questions. Those guys will probably be more knowledgable about the brand new products like ditra.

Advertisement

CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,252

Sit back and enjoy your floor, simply using modified thin set instead of unmodified in itself will not cause a problem. However.....

Since you didn't follow directions on that part of the installation, is it possible you also didn't prepare the subfloor and framing adequately for natural stone tiles? There is a different requirement you know.

Please tell us how your subfloor is built and with what starting with the joists and working up.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd View Post
I recently installed some stone tiles over a ditra anti-fracture mat using fortified thin set. Later I realized that you are suppose to use non-modified thin set. What is going to happen and what should I do?
If you're lucky, nothing. If it starts to fail, you will need to remove it and start the process again.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote