Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #1

Share |

Deep shower niche, retrofit

I want to put a niche in a wall that has a lot of space behind it - at least 8". But they want a niche that is about 5" deep. The wall is already up and I'm going to be cutting the niche into the wall when I get the tile up to that point. (The wall is already up and covered with Kerdi.)

Normally this isn't hard, because you build a 3 1/2" deep niche using the wall behind in the stud bay. But in this case, I have to put in the back wall of the niche myself. So, suggestions for putting the studs in there for the niche, and then also attaching a back wall to those studs as the niche back?

jeffnc is online now   Reply With Quote