Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Chicago Electric (Harbor Freight) 10" tile saw

Im looking to see if anyone has any feedback on this tile saw? I just got a add from harbor freight and the saw is on sale for $189.99 plus I have 20% off so I can get the saw for $150. Im looking to get this saw to do my brothers bathroom and eventually when I get my house to do some tile in there. So I dont tile everyday or else I would invest in a better saw. Let me know what yous think thanks!

MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #2

Oh here is a link to it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95385

Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Hello MickeyG I know the saw you are talking about. It is a pretty good saw have used the same saw on and off for several years now but let me tell you to get your self a good blade ( MK) . I also have the 7 inch bridge saw they sell but like the one in question a lot better may need to be fine tune it a bit such as aligning and adjusting for true cuts ,its a good saw never had a problem with it .I even did a brick patio and cut all the brick with it should have no problem . good luck with you project. Kerry
kerry42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry42 View Post
Hello MickeyG I know the saw you are talking about. It is a pretty good saw have used the same saw on and off for several years now but let me tell you to get your self a good blade ( MK) . I also have the 7 inch bridge saw they sell but like the one in question a lot better may need to be fine tune it a bit such as aligning and adjusting for true cuts ,its a good saw never had a problem with it .I even did a brick patio and cut all the brick with it should have no problem . good luck with you project. Kerry
Ok thanks! I originally wanted to get alil better tile saw like a husky tile saw or somethink cause im sure ill use the saw quite a bit but I just cant pass up this deal! And is there a certain MK blade I should look for? Thanks!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 25

I have been using a MK continuous rim blade I don't remember the model # but I'm sure its on there web site.
kerry42 is offline   Reply With Quote