Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #1

Share |

Bullnose edge rubbing off

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but have been working on a bathroom remodel for actually over a year now. Started last February and worked on it whenever I had time until I made the biggest mistake. I grouted my entire shower before sponging any of it off. Well, by the time I got back to start sponging it off, it was hardening already and it just got worse from there. Needless to say, it was soooo hard to get off that I gave up on the remodel for a few months (about 8 months or so).

I just recently started back up on removing the excess grout from the tiles and I'm about 75% complete. The issue I am having is that the finish on the bullnose tiles comes off way to easy. What, if anything, can I do to either remove the grout easier so that it doesn't harm the finish or what can I use to refinish the bullnose edge after removing the excess grout. I'm pretty sure that you are going to tell me what to use to refinish the edge. I don't think an easy way exists to remove the grout.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Bullnose edge rubbing off-before1.jpg   Bullnose edge rubbing off-after1.jpg  

ruskymx is offline   Reply With Quote