||11-12-2010 10:44 AM
That's an odd one...
If there was one area I thought moulds would have a hard time thriving, it would be around a swimming pool. You've got lots of sunlight and constant splashing with chlorine don't you?
You put chlorine in one form or another in the water so a few splashes of pool water would discourage any future growth IMO; then you have quaternary ammonium compounds for algecides which discourage moulds too. On top of that, striking sunlight - hardly a place for moulds. Are you sure they're moulds?
Even if you flooded the area with algecide and/or chlorine from the pool, the residual water would either evaporate of be filtered out by the system. But hardly major concerns IMO.