Barker Tile Repair - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
Cuzzy

Rewards Points: 10

Barker Tile Repair

I have Barker Tile in my bathroom around my tub. It's a Canadian product so for anyone who doesn't know what it is you can check it out at www.Barker.ca.
Anyway, there was some sort of "strip" around the tub instead of caulking,and it was coming appart. So we peeled it off and with it came the waterproof layer of the barker tile!
I went to the local hardware stores and they advised to use B.I.N (primer sealer) and then paint over it with bathroom paint. So to cover ourselves we did a 2" strip with this. Well low and behold a few months down the road and it's all chipping off.
So my question is, is there some sort of repair strip of like vinyl or something that I can adhear over the damaged barker tile and then caulk it to seal it? And if so, what is the best adhesive to use to ensure it won't come appart again after a few months? I'm tired of constantly having to fix my bathroom walls but can't afford to replace them all together right now. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone has to offer!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

Cuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Barker Tile Repair

You should contact the manufacturer for a repair senario that will work on this product.
From the description on the website, this product is very sensitve to moisture if the "waterproof" coating is not sealed properly or if the coating is damaged.
This is not a product I would ever put in a wet area of a bathroom. It has a short term life span applied in that way.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote