6 Bye 6 Bullnose Tile Rocks Alot Over Edge Of C.b. /drywall Joint - Tiling, ceramics, marble - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring > Tiling, ceramics, marble

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 526

6 bye 6 bullnose tile rocks alot over edge of c.b. /drywall joint

I see now I screwed up but too late now. Got all my 6 bye 6 wall tile on walls of bath up 48". Ready to put bullnose 6 bye tile on top and it rocks by half inch over the joint where old tile was sawed out, right above bull nose. Old drywall was a bit thicker than cement board tile backer. Then I taped the joint which may have been wrong.

The result is I have about 10 running feet of rocking nose tile by about 1/2 inch or more. Was going to run rub brick over it and build top out with thinset. Acceptable fix? or will it look way off?

Be gentle now,,,Its the third bathroom I have done in my life,,,and must say tons and miles better than first and second, tile lines straighter and lines align from walls to floor and a thousand other factors. Experience helps. Room was perfectly square which helped,,,length of room didnt even need a shave/cut tile either walls or floors,,,that cant happen often!!! plus layout time was worth the wait.

Or do I belt sand down to completely flat with top rock and let it tip in a fraction at corners?

Advertisement

4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 712

Sure would be nice to have a picture.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like the wall protrudes a good "1/2 or so at the top of your wall tile. If that is the case it depends on what the wall is made out of. If it is drywall or plaster, try striking a straight line exactly where the top of the tile will meet the wall, and cutting out however much you need to make the tile site in place. Then fill it back in with something a little thinner. (Maybe "1/4 or "3/8 drywall or plywood) Hope this helps. A little tip: before you start on a tile project, whether it's floor or wall's, check and make sure the surface is very straight and level. If it's not, correct it before you lay your tile. This will save a ton of headache later.

http://richeyconstructioncincy.com
gaber26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 526

got it figured out. after rubbing with rhe magic brick and taking back off ALL thinset and tape from top drywall it is straight and good to go. should not have put that tape over, didnt know it would make that much difference. Live and learn, always hard way here!!! thanks for the posts
4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote