Woodgate Stock Kitchen Cabinets (got Photos?) - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Woodgate Stock Kitchen Cabinets (got photos?)

I'm planning on using the off-the-shelf Woodgate cabinets from Lowes in my kitchen remodel, and I'm wondering if anyone else has used them. The budget being what it is, these cabinets will definitely suffice, and I'm sure I can get creative enough to make them look good.

What I'm really interested in is photos of kitchens that have used the Woodgate cabinets. Maybe I'll pick up a design tip or two. Anyone out there have a Woodgate kitchen they wouldn't mind posting photos of?

Advertisement

Last edited by sbazzle; 04-20-2010 at 10:00 AM.
sbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sbazzle For This Useful Post:
Sail2222 (07-17-2011)
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Here is some pictures of my DIY kitchen project using the cabinets you were inguiring about before staining .
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbazzle View Post
I'm planning on using the off-the-shelf Woodgate cabinets from Lowes in my kitchen remodel, and I'm wondering if anyone else has used them. The budget being what it is, these cabinets will definitely suffice, and I'm sure I can get creative enough to make them look good.

What I'm really interested in is photos of kitchens that have used the Woodgate cabinets. Maybe I'll pick up a design tip or two. Anyone out there have a Woodgate kitchen they wouldn't mind posting photos of?
Attached Images

Advertisement

jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #3

JB, thank you sooo much for posting these photos. I'm glad to see somebody is using these as well. I'm very close to laying down my new floor, and then after that, the cabinets can go up.

By the way, it's almost scary how close your kitchen layout will be to mine, especially around the window area.

The Following User Says Thank You to sbazzle For This Useful Post:
terry562 (04-23-2013)
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #4

Glad I could help. We are going with Formica counter tops because I have owned this house for thirty years, it was built in 1966, and we want to sell it when were finished fixing, and remodeling. If I were to go with higher end counters IE; granite I probably would never recapture my investment. This neighborhood does not justify the cost in return. The window you mentioned is a vinyl replacement I put in. Still have a few more to replace. Like you I will be putting down a tile floor after the cabinets are stained. Got 20 boxes of 12" ceramic tile on sale for .58 a sf., and will add a tiled black splash later.

Jbee
Old 06-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #5

I'm staining the cabinets first because I don't want to mess up by possibly splattering thin-set on unprotected oak. Once the cabinets are stained, and the urethane is applied I think that will make any splatters clean up easier. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm doing.

Jbee
Old 06-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbee View Post
I'm staining the cabinets first because I don't want to mess up by possibly splattering thin-set on unprotected oak. Once the cabinets are stained, and the urethane is applied I think that will make any splatters clean up easier. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm doing.

Jbee
Everything you're doing is nearly exactly what I'm doing. My new kitchen windows should be sometime this week, or early next week. It's been a good project.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #7

Can any one help me? I started by kitchen a while ago but never finished
with all the cabinets. I purchased woodgate stock cabinets from lowes.
Went there today to price for the rest and found out they discontined them
the first of the year!! Any idea where i can get them now?
bernstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bernstrong For This Useful Post:
Sail2222 (07-16-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstrong View Post
Can any one help me? I started by kitchen a while ago but never finished
with all the cabinets. I purchased woodgate stock cabinets from lowes.
Went there today to price for the rest and found out they discontined them
the first of the year!! Any idea where i can get them now?
Have you only checked one Lowe's store? I found out about this discontinuation during my kitchen remodel, and I still hadn't purchased the more expensive pieces. My local store had started discounting all their pieces and was running out of supply, but another Lowe's about 30 minutes away had what I needed in abundance. If you're serious about staying with Woodgate, don't be afraid to check every Lowe's store within 100 miles...or more. Not all of them will run out of stock at the same time, and they may just have what you need.

However, if every store has already changed suppliers, if I were in your shoes, I would probably find a creative way to use both brands. It may just give your kitchen a unique and satisfying look.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #9

thanks for your help i will try that!
bernstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #10

Bernstrong. This may be to late but Check out the habitat for humanity restore in your area if one is near. Lowes donated this brand of cabinet to all the restores in my area of new England. May be the case in other locations. 50% off Lowes prices too.
Pdsalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #11

I am in need of these cabinets too. In January when I bought many of these cabinets, there was no indication that they were discontinuing them. Yesterday I went to buy the rest of them, and there are no more. Any suggestions? Where besides Habitant could I find them?
Drscid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #12

I noticed that people are looking for Wood-Gate Oak Cabinets and I have a bunch of them that we didn't use. NEW STILL IN ORIGINAL BOXES

Please contact me to see if you need any.

$100 - $300.00 all inclusive.
Sail2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #13

I noticed that people are looking for Wood-Gate Oak Cabinets and I have a bunch of them that we didn't use. NEW STILL IN ORIGINAL BOXES

Please contact me to see if you need any.

$100 - $300.00 all inclusive.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #14

I have lots of different sizes and can do complete kitchen. I'm in NJ.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #15

I loaded some photos

Advertisement