Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:27 AM   #1

Share |

Will this glass match our bathroom?

Painted in 1990 and now our bathroom look so old and the wall is off the origianl yellow color.

I have found a yellow color glass tile to match our bathroom. Please have look at the tile and give me some advice.

http://www.builderelements.com/shope...ems#startorder

My original intention to find a yellow glass because i do not want to repaint the wall so that i could lower down the cost. But as you could see that the tiles are transparent, i am afraid that after i have the tiles installed, the original wall color will be see through from the glass. If so, our glass will become a waste.

So could anyone give me some advice? Thanks!!

EmmaZhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Stuck in the 70's

I'm sure any experts here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe glass tiles are installed with a special white thinset.

After proper installation you will not see any of the original wall color. Depending on the transparency of your tiles, at most you will see the white thinset under the tiles. And, of course, your chosen grout color between the tiles.

FWIW, I know it may save you a couple of bucks now, but I would choose the tile based on what I love rather than the current wall color. If you go with yellow tile, you are pretty much stuck with a yellow bathroom forever. If you go with a nice neutral, well... paint is actually one of the cheapest changes you can make, especially compared to glass tiles.

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #3

Thank you for your advice!!

We really could not afford to take the risk! Wish repaint the wall as our first job.
EmmaZhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #4

I suggest you to check these Shower Screens. I hope it will help you to make look your bathroom excellent. Thank you.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Remodeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondesense View Post

FWIW, I know it may save you a couple of bucks now, but I would choose the tile based on what I love rather than the current wall color. If you go with yellow tile, you are pretty much stuck with a yellow bathroom forever. If you go with a nice neutral, well... paint is actually one of the cheapest changes you can make, especially compared to glass tiles.

This is good advice. Paint is about $30 a gallon, and it sounds like you need to repaint the walls whether you stick with yellow or pick a new color.
KlintP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, glass tile, yellow