Where To Start With Bathroom Remodeling - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Wink

Where to start with bathroom remodeling

Hi Everyone,

We are remodeling our bathroom. It has taken us nearly 20 years to get round to this, so we want to get it right.

We have stripped the walls back; in some places to brick, but there is cement in some areas where we took the tiles off. We knocked a wall out betwee the toilet and the bathroom. Took the bath out and are ready to go.

I've bought everything I want and now have to decide upon a builder. What I'd like to know first is what order everything gets done. Do they paster or board the walls, then lay the plumbing for the bath, sink, toilet and shower etc..

I won't be around when the work is being done, so I need to know what should be done and in what order. I am not a control freak, but I've heard so many stories about builders, and want to stay on top of things.

If there is anyone out there who can point me in the right direction and give me some advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

May

Advertisement

maylwhitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Disabled wood vet

Rewards Points: 1,000

Where to start with bathroom remodeling

Framing, rough plumbing/electrical, insulation if applicable, tub, drywall, flooring, vanity/stool/shower enclosure if applicable, wall treatment, finish plumbing, trim, paint.
Don't control freak out if they do something a little different. As long as you did your homework and hired a reputable builder, asked him what you can expect (good communication before any work is even started is pertinent), and stay out of the way, you will soon have a beautiful new bathroom to enjoy for many years to come.

Advertisement

Last edited by titanoman; 03-06-2012 at 09:29 AM.
titanoman is offline   Reply With Quote