Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

vanity install-fillers on sides

I got the vanity in, cut the fillers for both sides. How do I fasten them to the vanity? I know with screws, do I counter sink, the wood is about 2" ? This is the only way that I can see to do this. Is there any other way? THANKS

cadi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

Use pocket screws on the back side. This will not sure and will make a perfect tight fit. Then slide the vanity into place. Or pre-drill holes and use trim head screws and glue

Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Open the door of the cabinets (or take door off) predrill through the face frame of cab,countersinsink, then use 2.5" screws, by countersinking should give you approx 1/4" so 3/4 of the screw should go into the filler!!

or you can use a 3" screw but then you need to wedge the filler and pre drill through faceframe and slightly into filler!
Five Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75

Take the vanity door off, clamp the filler to the faceframe, predrill/countersink holes right under or above holes that hold hinges on faceframe, remove clamps and reinstall door.. You just hid the screw.
RTRCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
remodeling pro

Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRCon View Post
Take the vanity door off, clamp the filler to the faceframe, predrill/countersink holes right under or above holes that hold hinges on faceframe, remove clamps and reinstall door.. You just hid the screw.
This is the way to go. Install one filler and slip the vanity in place and level it to see how the filler fits to the wall. If it fits ok and the cabinet is centered between the walls, go ahead and screw the cabinet in place; obviously if the unit has a back, you will have to make plumbing cutouts first and locate studs. If the cabinet is not centered with the full filler, you will need to trim it, scribing it to the wall if it fits poorly. This will allow you to fit the other filler nice and snuggly, fastening it the same way. Be cautious when screwing the fillers on, most faces are maple or other hard wood species, and it is easy to snap a screw off You don't need to thread the screw through the cabinet frame, so drill a full screw diameter clearance hole in it, and just screw into the filler itself. This also allows the filler to be sucked tight to the cabinet frame

Last edited by troubleseeker; 02-04-2010 at 02:23 PM.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 10

I kind of had a idea of how to do this job, I just wanted to have some backup. I counter sunk the screws, the vanity was in and screwed to furing strips, block walls, in FL. The walls were a little off, so I had to shape the fillers first. So Thanks For All The Help.

cadi69 is offline   Reply With Quote